Thursday, March 15, 2012

Step 2: Body

I started making the body the other day:

Materials:
Oblong washtub - 22" x 12"
Scrap pine wood
Wood Glue

I sawed four small wood blocks, about 2" x 2" each. Because they won't be seen outside, the blocks don't have to be perfect- they will be connecting to the soundboard.










I used wood glue and a C-clamp to connect the first block to the inner wall of the washtub. The picture on the right shows how I initially did it the wrong way. The blocks should not stick out higher than the rim of the tub.


Do not follow the picture on the right. ------>






This took a lot of trial and error. I was finally able to clamp all four pieces onto the wall of the tub. One of the blocks points parallel to the ground.










The blocks should look like this. Most of them point up at an angle. The blocks do not reach higher than the rim of the tub because the soundboard will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment